Items 1-36 of 53
- Cube Reaction Hybrid Performance 400 Electric Mountain Bike Iridium/Green (2021)$3,799.00 $3,419.99 $3,419.99
- VelectriX Ascent Electric Mountain Bike Grey (2022)$2,399.00 $2,299.00 $2,069.10
- Merida eBig Nine 300 SE Electric Mountain Bike Matt Black/Anthracite (2021)$3,999.00 $3,699.99 $3,699.99
- VelectriX Ascent Pulse Electric Mountain Bike Grey (2022)$2,999.00 $2,899.00 $2,609.10
- Merida eOne Sixty 500 Electric Mountain Bike Matt Titan Black (2021)$6,999.00 $6,899.00 $6,899.00
- Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC Race 625 Electric Mountain Bike Grey/Yellow (2021)$7,399.00 $6,699.00 $6,699.00
- Norco Sight VLT A2 Electric Mountain Bike - Battery Sold Separately$7,699.00 $7,599.00 $7,599.00
- Merida eOne Forty 400 Electric Mountain Bike Black/Orange (2021)$6,499.00 $6,399.00 $6,399.00
- E-Green Sport 500 Electric Mountain Bike Dark Satin/Grey/Green (2021)$3,499.00 $3,149.99 $3,149.99
- Merida eOne Forty 700 Electric Mountain Bike Silk Anthracite/Black (2021)$8,399.00 $8,299.00 $8,299.00
- Norco Fluid VLT A2 Electric Mountain Bike - Battery Sold Separately$6,399.00 $6,299.00 $6,299.00
- Norco Sight VLT A1 Electric Mountain Bike - Battery Sold Separately$8,899.00 $8,799.00 $8,799.00
- Pedal Coyote Electric Hardtail Mountain Bike Black (2022)$2,299.99 $1,999.00 $1,799.10
- Norco Range VLT A2 Electric Mountain Bike - Battery Sold Separately$7,699.00 $7,599.00 $7,599.00
- Norco Fluid VLT A1 Electric Mountain Bike - Battery Sold Separately$6,999.00 $6,899.00 $6,899.00
- Cube Acid 240 Hybrid Youth Pro 400 Actionteam Youth Electric Mountain Bike (2021)$3,499.00 $3,149.99 $3,149.99
- Norco Range VLT A1 Electric Mountain Bike - Battery Sold Separately$8,699.00 $8,599.00 $8,599.00
- Merida eOne Sixty 9000 Electric Mountain Bike Glossy Red/Matt Black (2021)$11,599.00 $11,499.00 $11,499.00
- Norco Range VLT C2 Electric Mountain Bike - Battery Sold Separately$9,399.00 $9,299.00 $9,299.00
- Pedal Warrior 24" Kids Electric Mountain Bike Green (2022)$1,499.99 $1,449.00 $1,304.10
- Norco Sight VLT C2 Electric Mountain Bike - Battery Sold Separately$9,399.00 $9,299.00 $9,299.00
- Merida eOne Sixty 500 Electric Mountain Bike Silk Green Anthracite (2021)$6,999.00 $6,899.00 $6,899.00
- Merida eBig Seven 300 SE Electric Mountain Bike Matt Black/Anthracite (2021)$3,999.00 $3,699.99 $3,699.99
- Merida eBig Nine 400 Electric Mountain Bike Cool Grey/Matt Black (2021)$5,249.00 $5,199.00 $5,199.00
- Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 HPC 625 Kiox Actionteam Mountain Bike (2021)$9,699.00 $9,199.00 $9,199.00
- Merida eBig Seven 300 SE Electric Mountain Bike Silk Bronze/Black (2021)$3,999.00 $3,699.99 $3,699.99
- Merida eOne Forty 8000 Electric Mountain Bike Silk Purple/Blue (2021)$9,399.00 $9,299.00 $9,299.00
- Merida eBig Nine 300 SE Electric Mountain Bike Silk Bronze/Black (2021)$3,999.00 $3,699.99 $3,699.99
- Merida eOne Sixty 10K Electric Mountain Bike Glossy Sparkling Blue/Matt Black (2021)$14,699.00 $14,599.00 $14,599.00
- Merida eOne Sixty 10K Electric Mountain Bike Glossy Candy Teal/Matt Black (2020)$11,999.00 $11,110.00 $11,110.00
- Merida eOne-Forty 500 Electric Mountain Bike Metallic Teal (2022)$6,999.00 $6,995.00 $6,995.00
- Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 HPC SL 625 Dual Suspension Electric Mountain Bike Polar Silver 'n' Orange (2022)$8,999.99 $8,099.00 $8,099.00
- Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 Electric Mountain Bike Flash Grey/Green (2022)$4,999.99 $4,899.00 $4,899.00
Items 1-36 of 53
Huge Range Of Electric Mountain Bikes For Sale
At 99 Bikes we have a wide range of Mountain bikes for sale Australia wide. Get more out of cross-country riding, climbing and downhill trails with an electric mountain bike. The natural feeling assistance makes these riding types more accessible to riders of varying ages and abilities.
For those starting out, more pedal power means less exertion and more time to enjoy the ride! It also turns uphill climbing from an often painful chore into becoming an engaging part of the overall experience. Experienced riders exploring more advanced trails will appreciate the suspension and grip of a mountain bike, which provide a greater level of comfort and control while going downhill, compared to regular mountain bikes.
Reasons to Buy an Electric Mountain Bike?
- Powerful motors open up new territory and trails riders may not have been able to reach before.
- WIth ascents being an absolute breeze, riders can score extra runs before tiring out or running out of time.
- Paired with wider tyres, riders can push through tough terrain with more stability and control
Choosing an Electric Bike
Choosing an Electric Mountain Bike can be a big decision. Electric trail bikes range from $2,000 to $20,000 and there is a wide range of models to choose from.
There are 2 main types of EMTB's, hardtail mountain bikes which are for new riders or riders who want to use the bike for multiple purposes like commuting. Dual suspension electric bikes feature suspension at the front and back for the bike. Full suspension e bikes are designed mainly for use on mountain bike trails.
When choosing an electric mountain bike, the Motor and battery are definitely the most important component to understand as it will generally be the differentiating factor when it comes to weight, price and how the bike feels to ride.
Dual suspension electric mountain bikes are quite heavy when compared with a regular dual-suspension mountain bike, most models weigh in around 20-25kgs.
Understanding EMTB Motors
Power of Battery = Volts - The simplest way to think of volts in terms of E-Bike performance is the 'horsepower' of the battery/motor. E-Bike batteries typically come in 24V, 36V and 48V options.
Battery Capacity = Amp-hours - Amp-hours are the most common unit for battery capacity in E-Bikes. The best way to think of them is the size of the 'gas tank'. The more amp-hours (Ah) a battery has the longer range you'll get from your E-Bike.
Battery Run time = Watt-hours* - Sometimes battery packs will be quoted in Watt-hours, eg. Bosch Batteries being available in PowerPack300 and PowerPack400 options, both referring the Watt-hour capacity of the battery.
Watt-hours is generally a better indicator of range as it takes into account the volts and amp-hours of the battery.
Bike #1 has 24 Volts and a 20 AH battery = 480 watt hours
Bike #2 has 48 Volts and a 10 AH battery = 480 watt hours.<
Both bikes have similar energy on board. And if they have roughly equal motors and riders, they will probably perform in a very similar fashion.
Motor Power Output = (Torque measured in NM) - Torque is the measure of power that's being put through the cranks. High torque motors will be able to give the most assistance but will also drain the battery the fastest.
Once you start putting load onto the pedals, sensors detect the amount of load you're putting in and adjust the amount of assistance delivered to help you pedal. Most full suspension bikes will come with a motor that outputs 80-90nm which translates to a massive 340% assistance.
Bikes like the Specialized Turbo Levo utilise a lower power motor and smaller battery to produce a lighter bike with the same estimated range as a big power, big battery bike. The only drawback is you get less assistance and have to rely on your leg power more.Estimating Range
The range that an electric mountain bike can achieve is a complex equation with all the above terms combined with external factors like terrain, rider weight, tyre pressure, wind speed and more.
If you want to get a more accurate picture, try out the Bosch Range Assistant here: https://www.bosch-ebike.com/au/service/range-assistant
This is how bikes like the Specialized Turbo Levo can utilise a lower power motor and smaller battery to produce a lighter bike with the same estimated range as a big power, big battery bike.
Features of E Mountain Bike
Most electric mountain bikes come standard with a Mid-drive motor. This motor position offers better weight distribution and a more natural pedalling experience.
Due to the terrain and demanding power output, EMTB motors tend to best the most powerful on the market with most offering up to 85nm of torque.
Trail Mode - Most modern electric bike motors like the Bosch Performance Line CX feature Trail mode, which uses in-built sensors to read the terrain and automatically adjust the power output to give you the perfect amount of assistance and let you focus on the trail ahead.
Walk-assist - Recently manufacturers like Bosch has added walk-assist as a feature on their motors. Walk assistance can make it easier for you to push the eBike up steep or muddy hills. The speed of this function depends on the selected gear and can reach a maximum of 6 kph.
Interested in a test ride?
Walk into a 99 Bikes store and choose any e-bike to take for a free 30 minute test ride or a 24-hour demo. A $49 service fee applies to a 24 hour demo, which is refunded if you purchase any e-bike, see in-store for more details.Find A Store
Most Popular Types of e-Bikes
E-Bikes Buying Guide
Whether it’s your kids first bike, or they’ve outgrown their old set of wheels; buying a kids bike can be difficult if you don’t know how to pick the right one.
BMX Bike Buying Guide
Given their size, durability, and simplicity, BMX bikes are a great option for older children and adolescents. As you progress through the kids range, models become stronger, more rugged and more suitable for racing and tricks.
How To Find The Right Helmet
By law, every cyclist is required to wear a helmet which complies with Australia’s strict safety standards. Here’s a rundown on some of the main types of helmets and how to pick which model is right for you.